In their opening ISFA game John Lyon ran out 7-3 winners against King Edward’ Witley. A surging run from Folu Saka steadied nerves before Tom Ribeiro-Saliba chipped the keeper to give John Lyon an early 2-0 lead. KES reduced the deficit from the penalty spot before Kylron Pierre broke free to slot home John Lyons third. KES came back once more early in the second half before goals from Marqes Muir, two from Ayaz Kazi and a second from Pierre secured John Lyon through to the next round.

Haberdashers’ Aske’s quickly found themselves behind to an early goal after a cross came back off the crossbar and was despatched by Box Hill. Habs fashioned some good chances before the break but found the Box Hill keeper in inspired form to keep the hosts ahead at the break. Habs pressed for the equaliser, hitting the post and crossbar, before Antoine Rey levelled the tie with a powerful strike from 10 yards out. Extra-time ensued, with few chances in the first period, but it was Habs who took claimed the winner in the dying stages of extra time when Ben Fox slotted home.

RGS Newcastle and Bootham were two composed and tentative teams. There were very few chances in the first half due to well marshalled defences and busy midfield players hassling each other for possession. The second half saw more attacking intent from both teams and the breakthrough came from RGS in the final ten minutes with two quick goals arriving after decent wide play. 

Shrewsbury started strong against GS at Leeds but it was Leeds who took the lead through a stunning strike from Sanele Kweyama and were awarded a penalty soon after to double their lead. As Shrewsbury pressed for a route back into the game Kweyama scored his second putting Leeds three up at half time. Shrewsbury started the second half strong passing the ball well and created some good chances. Shrewsbury opened their account with 15 minutes to go and the game intensified with chances at both ends. The deciding goal for Leeds came from Elio Costantini whose direct run into the box and smart finish seal a 4-1 win for Leeds.

University College School took control of the game against St. John’s, Enfield early on, as Sebastian Giacopazzi finished off a great run from Eliyar Johnson Parsadoust, and UCS never looked back.  Some great flowing football allowed Giacopazzi and Johnson Parsadoust to both score twice, with defender Sam Clarfield also scoring a rare goal. St. John’s did score a consolation goal, but UCS ran out 7-1 winners.

Aldenham proved too strong for the hardworking Princethorpe side. Aldenham Oyegoke scored four, Patino, Diamond & Okeowo scored a brace plus further goals from Hayes & Saunders completed the scoring.

Ibstock Place travelled to Frensham Heights for a goal fest first round fixture. Despite Frensham taking an early lead, Ibstock responded emphatically to run out 10-4 winners. There were hat-tricks from centre forward Karim Nadim and midfielder Noah Bickerton-Leggett, and a commanding performance from Ibstock captain Finn Moore in central midfield, who also hit home.

After a tightly contested opening to the game St John's, Leatherhead were able to take control of this First Round tie against Latymer Upper. Two outstanding goals from Braiden Hall and strikes from Jack Goodman and Sam Sharp during the first half put the game out of Latymer Upper's hands. It was a typical First Round tie with neither side fully settling into the game.

City of London vs Alleyn's was a tightly contested affair with both teams creating chances in the first half only to be thwarted by fine performances from both keepers. The second half became more open but neither side could capitalise sending the game to extra time. Alleyn's started the brighter and broke the deadlock early into the first period when Luke Cook was able to get ahead of his defender and latch onto a decent through ball. City responded positively and had a good period of pressure at the end of the game but Alleyn's defended resolutely to run out winners.

5 goals from Jack Barley as well as strikes from Lucas Nicholas, Tom Bough, Marcus Sieff and Joss Britton gave Bradfield an impressive win over Harrow in an entertaining first round match. Both defences struggled to prevent the attackers with nine goals scored in the second half in an end to end game.

Kingstonn GS v. Wetherby Senior
Lancing v. Royal Russell
Oldham Hulme v. Moorland
Queen Ethelburga’s v. Newcastle School for Boys
Truro v. Bristol GS


Repton progressed into the first round after victory over Birkdale. Tom Jones opened the scoring - his first for the school - before Alex Mair, Harrison Solomon and Rex Cheung (2) got on the first half score sheet. In the second half Birkdale defended resolutely although Eno Nto (2) and Michael Ainger were still able to add to the Repton tally. 

Grange v King’s Chester was a game dominated by the visitors. Henry Bell opened the scoring in the first minute then there were further goals from, Lewis Basford, a brace each for Peter Williamson and Joe Harnett and a hat-trick for Beau Denton. The Grange did put hit home to prevent a clean sheet.

Moorland v. Manchester GS


Whitgift started the final very brightly, putting Forest under pressure from the first whistle. Whitgift continued to apply pressure throughout the first half dominating play. Their hard work paid off when Max Porter slotted home in the 23rd minute. This boosted Whitgift’s confidence and led to a goal filled final ten minutes first with Cal Hamilton doubling Whitgift’s lead and then Jaan Stanley hit home in the final minute of the half to take Whitgift into a 3-0 lead at half-time.

The second half was a more even affair, Forest came out fighting looking to get back into the game. Both teams played some excellent football in the centre creating some excellent attacking play. Forest worked well and where rewarded in 47th minute through Sam Miller. Forest continued to pressure Whitgift and look for another goal, however, they were unable to capitalise and Whitgift defended well. Whitgift’s goal filled first half was enough to secure the victory and claim the Investec ISFA U15 Cup.

All photographs of the Final are courtesy of RWT Photography. These and other photographs of the match and the post-match presentations, along with the match DVD, can be ordered from or by ringing 01733 204445.

Share this article

Sun 1st Oct
North U18 & U16 Trials
(Bolton School, 12.00)

Sun 1st Oct
ISFA South U16A & U16B
v. Essex Schools
(Chigwell School, 1.30)

Sun 1st Oct
ISFA South U18A, U18B, U17
v. Kent Schools & Corinthian Casuals
(Charterhouse, 2.30)

Wed 25th Oct 
Oldham Athletic FC V ISFA U16 North
(Oldham Athletic Academy, 2.00)

Sun 29th Oct
ISFA U16 North V Guiseley AFC
(Cheadle Hulme School, 12.30)

Sun 5th Nov
ISFA South U16A & U16B
v. Kent Schools
(City of London School, 11.00)

Sun 5th Nov
ISFA South U18A, U18B, U17
v. Essex Schools
(Brentwood School, 2.00)

Sun 12th Nov
ISFA South U16 v. Somerset
(City of London, 1.00)

Sun 26th Nov
Final Trial for ISFA Full Team
U18 & U16 matches
(Shrewsbury, 2.00)

11th-12th Dec
ISFA U15 & U14
Representative Camp
(St. George’s Park)

13th-14th Dec
ISFA U18 & U16
Representative Camp
(St. George’s Park)

Sat 20th Jan 
(Lilleshall, 11:30)

Sun 4th Feb
ISFA U18 v. Welsh Schools
(The New Saints FC, 2.00)

Sun 11th March
ISFA U16 v. Millwall FC
(City of London School, 11.00)

Thurs. 15th Mar
Investec ISFA U15 Cup Final
(Burton Albion FC, 6.00)

3rd – 5th April 
ISFA U14/15 Tour