ISFA LAUNCH NEW GIRLS COMMUNITY HUB SCHOOLS PROGRAMME
The Independent Schools Football Association (ISFA) are delighted to announce the start of a new programme designed to support the development and growth of girls football with Independent Schools.
ISFA Girls Community Hub Schools Programme will deliver investment into schools to support them to develop and grow girls football through internal and external football activities. ISFA are looking to recruit 8 schools to participate in the first year of the programme, with football activity taking place during the summer term in 2017. Schools will be asked to provide girls football internally through either a lunch time or after school club and externally through festivals involving other local schools.
The criteria for a ISFA Girls Community Hub School is as follows:
- Member of ISFA for 16/17 season.
- Minimum of 20 girls participating in internal football activity (examples of activity include lunch or after school club, activity must be minimum of 6 weeks, a participant is a player that attends a football session for minimum of 6 weeks)
- Minimum of 40 girls participating in external football activity (examples of activity include girls football festival, activity must include other schools, a participant is a player that attends a festival, including girls from other schools)
- Participate in FA Girls Football Week & sign up to FA Secondary School Programme (ISFA will support this process for eligible schools)
ISFA Girls Community Hub Schools will receive the following:
- £500 to spend on kit and equipment to support girls football within your school
- Support from ISFA with developing and growing girls football within your school
- Support from ISFA with promotion of girls football including a section on ISFA website to promote your activities
- Free teaching resources via FA Secondary Schools Programme
- Free equipment via FA Secondary Schools Programme
Please click here for an application form.