Bede’s won the 2018 Smith Construction ISFA U18 Girls Cup when they defeated Alleyn’s 6-3 in an action packed Final. With several ISFA players, Bede’s perhaps started as favourites but Alleyn’s had sprung a major surprise in the semi-finals, knocking out the reigning champions and they looked set to create another shock when they opened the scoring when Honor Tennant fired home early in the game and then goalkeeper Eleanor Franklinwood saved a penalty. However, Bede’s gradually built up pressure and equalised when Leilanni Nesbeth raced onto a through ball and finished coolly before half-time.

Bede’s took the lead in the second half when Leila Emmerson slotted home from the penalty spot and then Nesbeth added two. For a moment it seemed the game was safe but Alleyn’s kept battling away and a left foot strike from Hendrickx kept them in the picture. However, Alleyn’s were now tiring and another goal each from Emmerson and Nesbeth finally clinched the victory. A late consolation goal by Elisabeth Hendrickx meant the final score of 6-3 better reflected the balance of the match but Bede’s were thoroughly deserving of their victory in front of a sizeable crowd at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre.

All photographs of the Final are courtesy of RWT Photography. These and other photographs of the match along with the match DVD, can be ordered from or by ringing 01733 204445.


In excellent conditions, Kings College Taunton played smooth flowing football combining beautifully in wide areas and posed Alleyn's problems in several areas of the pitch. However, Alleyn’s carried their own threat and were the first to score late in the first half when Heyndrickx scored from a smartly worked short corner. Kings came out in the 2nd half with renewed intent and the slope! However, Alleyn’s were able to match their efforts and added a second goal on the counter following a nice through ball from Craddock that Heyndrickx was able to manipulate past the keeper. Kings pushed all the way to the final whistle but a deserved clean sheet was testament to the organisation and dogged determination of the visitors who csn look forward to their first national final.

Bede’s started very brightly with their dynamic midfield three causing problems for Oakham, however, they were unable to find a way past the impressive Oakham goalkeeper.  After 25 minutes Bede’s took the lead through Emmerson. As the half progressed Oakham got a foot hold in the game and scored a deserved equalizer, before finishing the half strongly with further chances to score. Bede’s regrouped and came out strongly in the second half scoring an excellent team goal. However, Oakham’s striker, England, was always causing problems and a threat on the counter attack and levelled the tie at 2-2.  Moving into the last 20 minutes Bede’s pressure told, and they scored a further 3 goals to eventually run out 5-2 winners.


On a freezing afternoon Oakham hosted Loughborough in what proved to be a real battle of the sprinters. Oakham started well and managed to hold a three goal lead by half time, thanks to some direct forward play from England. Loughborough were a real threat for the first 10 minutes of the second half, with their blistering pace in attack breaking down the Oakham defence on several occasions. Oakham finally managed to get a hold on the game with goals from Coppel, Rahaus, 2 from Peacock and a fifth on the day from England. Loughborough continued to extend the home team until the end with more penetrating runs from midfield.

In surprisingly cold but decent conditions, Alleyn’s were delighted to host last year’s finalists, ACS Cobham, and it was clear from the start that the home team were up for the potential challenge, pressing quickly and pressuring the visiting team Alleyn’s threatened but couldn’t make the pressure tell. ACS clearly carried a threat and were imposing on the counter. However, Alleyn’s eagerness paid off as Florrie Craddock latched onto a loose ball from loose defensive play and slammed home from 8 yards. The second half saw ACS step out and play more expansively but the home team were able to counter effectively scoring one following an interception down the left from Brinley George who set up Elizabeth Heyndrickx for her first and then a similar counter down the right saw the play of the game when a lofted ball from Hannah McMichael was met by Heyndrickx once more who volleyed home for her second.

A good start from Bede’s enabled them to take a quick lead. Charterhouse battled back later in the first half scoring a well worked goal. During the second half Bede’s worked some great passages of play to extend their lead. Charterhouse responded with determination and grabbed a couple of late goals, but it was too late to impact the result of the game. A good, fair game well contested by both sides.


The first twenty minutes were very competitive between Oakham and Repton as both teams settled into their respective shapes. Oakham’s captain, Coppel managed to break the deadlock with a pin point 35 yard lob straight over the opposition’s keeper. England then scored the first of her four on the day with a trade mark powerful run and finish and Rahaus stepped up to score a 30 yard free kick which nestled in the top corner to put Oakham three up at the break. The second half started with Repton on the front foot but this left them open to the counter attack which England took full advantage of, completing a hat trick of second half goals. Repton managed to score a consolation but Rahaus had the last word, finishing sharply from more good work from England.

Both Alleyn's and Forest started slowly initially as they struggled to overcome the frosty conditions. Forest moved the ball nicely but Alleyn’s soon warmed up and were the quicker to the second ball which began to pay dividends. However, despite their building pressure Alleyn’s failed to capitalise on several chances. Despite some fine saves from the Forest keeper, the home side did eventually break down the resistant defence and 3 goals in quick succession (Heyndrick x 2, Craddock 1) just before the break putting Alleyn’s in front. To their credit, Forest battled on and continued to carry a threat on the break but Alleyn’s were to prove more clinical in the second half scoring 4 more including another from Heyndrickx for her hat-trick, one more from Craddock and one a piece for George and Tennant.

King’s College Taunton started the defence of their National title at home to Millfield. Despite the final score line this was a challenging encounter against a typically committed and physical Millfield team. It was the teamwork, excellent understanding between players and the ability to step up a gear to match anything Millfield could produce that secured such an emphatic win. Scorers for Kings Taunton as follows: Beth Barzotelli 4, hat tricks for Grace Perkins and Lannece Hole, 2 for Phoebe Cooper-Simpson, the best being when Olivia Campbell delivered the perfect cross and a single from Molly Vellacott. 

Headington travelled to Wycombe Abbey in the first round, the game started evenly with both teams trying to control the game, a wonderful cross from Lena looped into the net to break the deadlock and Headington took the lead into the break.  Early in the second half Amelie finished a great team effort to extend Headington’s lead. Lena and Amelia both added to their score tally to extend the lead further.  Wycombe pulled one back in the latter stages.

ACS Cobham ran out comfortable winners against a spirited University College School side.  With a very strong wind at their backs Cobham were simply too strong in the first half and despite some valiant defending led 6-0 at the break.  UCS competed much better in the second half as Cobham struggled to keep their passing game going into the wind.  However, the continuous pressure eventually told as two further goals were added in the last five minutes.  Scorers for Cobham: Isabel Tucci (5), Georgia Smith, Sydney Henry and Camila Capria Brcich.

Ella Needham opened up the scoring for Loughborough High School on the verge of half time against Welbeck Defence College after what was a very closely fought first half with both teams having chances. After the break, Welbeck hit back with a great lobbed shot from outside the area which surprised everyone. Ella Needham's pace on the right hand side of the field meant that Loughborough created  many chances and eventually Issy Spary put Loughborough ahead after being supplied by Needham. Three more goals came in quick succession for Loughborough through Helen Kelly and Sian Kelly wrapped up a great game by adding a 6th goal towards the end.

In the early stages between Bede's and Ardingly the game was very tight, with Ardingly pressing game limiting Bede's.  Ardingly set pieces especially corners were causing problems due to the quality of the delivery.  However as the tempo reduced Bede’s started to dominate possession and scored two fantastic goals to take a 2-0 lead. Ardingly got a goal back just before half time to make it a tense affair again.  In the second half Bede’s controlled the game and went onto to score a further 3 goals, with the pick of the goals being a 20 yards strike from the edge of the box.

Charterhouse v. Westminster 


Wycombe Abbey beat St Clare’s in a highly competitive fixture played on a bitingly cold evening. Both sides started well but Luisa Thomas managed to put away a rebound to put Wycombe 1-0 up. A delicate chip from Cordelia Swift soon followed and she scored again 10 minutes later after a wonderful cross from Fenella Orr-Ewing. The second half was a much closer affair, with both sides engaging in end to end football as legs tired. Ele Forsdyke squeezed in a shot after a goal mouth scramble and St Clare’s were unlucky as a shot agonisingly rolled along the line after hitting the inside of the post.

The first half was very competitive with early pressure from Sevenoaks as they forced two early corners. ACS Cobham slowly wrestled back and midway through the half Tucci latched onto a through ball to tuck the ball home. Sevenoakes went close to equalising before a right wing move involving several passes saw Georgia Smith hit the second for Cobham with a left foot drive off the post. Cobham started the second half with real purpose and killed off the game with early goals from Smith and Kamal.  Sevenoaks never gave up and although Cobham added further goals from Smith, Tucci and Sydney Conway they finished the match by forcing further corners and narrowly missing with two thunderous shots past the woodwork.

King Alfred's v. University College School





Share this article

Sun 23rd Sept 2018
ISFA Girls National Trials
(Queenswood School) 

Sun 7th Oct 2018
ISFA Girls National Sevens 

25th - 26th Oct 2018
ISFA U16/U18 Girls Cambridge Camp

11th - 12th Dec 2018
ISFA U16/U18 Rep Camps
(St. George's Park)

Tue 25th June 2019
ISFA Girls 7v7 Finals (U11, U13 & U15) 
(St. George's Park)