SEASON 2019-20 

Entries are now CLOSED for 2019-20 ISFA Girls U18 & U15 National Tournaments  

ISFA are delighted to provide details of our Girls U18 & U15 National Tournaments for the 2019/20 season. ISFA will once again be organising a national U18 cup and national U15 cup (both 11v11), as well as national U18 sevens and national U15 sevens (both one day 7v7 tournaments).

Following the success of the changes made to the national cups for the 2018/19 season, once again in 2019/20 these will take the format of a round robin group stage leading to a knock-out stage after February half term. In a change for the 2019/20 season, a quarter final round will be added as long as there are sufficient numbers (minimum of 16 participating teams needed for quarter finals to be added) to enable the top two teams in each group to qualify for the knock-out stages.


Last years runners up, Alleyn’s, where back to take on Oakham in the Smith Construction ISFA U18 Girls Cup. In the opening stages the game looked fairly even with both teams looking to pass the ball and build up play. As the game progressed Alleyn’s looked to press the ball putting pressure on Oakham. This soon paid off as the Alleyn’s striker nicked the ball on the outside the area to smashed it into the top corner and take the lead. From this Alleyn’s confidence grew and they extended their lead just before half time as the striker latched onto a through ball and drove the ball across the keeper into the bottom corner.

The second half started how the first ended with Alleyn’s looking to keep the ball and play their striker in. They soon increase their lead further as the striker got her hattrick. Despite the score line Oakham did not give up and look to drive with the ball. Their effort was soon rewarded as they pulled a goal back from a neat finish inside the area. Alleyn’s quickly restored their three-goal lead after a super strike from the edge of the box is smashed perfectly into the top right corner. Alleyn’s added another goal in the final minutes to secure their victory and be crowded 2018-19 champions.

Photographs of the Final along with the match DVD can be ordered from or by ringing 01733 204445.


Oxford vs Alleyns started at a frenetic pace. Both teams pressing aggressively giving the opposition no time to settle on the ball. Oxford, buoyed by the large supporting crowd, started the better the team, and tested the Alleyn’s defence with some dangerous balls over the top. The deadlock was broken against the run of play. When Alleyn’s Captain Honor Tennant latched onto a through ball and converted at the second attempt. 1-0 to Alleyn’s. The away side then settled into the game, and looked dangerous in possession, combining excellently in the final third. Alleyn’s pressure was rewarded on the stroke of half time with a second goal from Elisabeth Heyndrickx. In the second half Oxford came out all guns blazing. Their intensity in and out of possession was exceptional, and was it not for some last ditch defending from Freya Hibberd and some outstanding saves from Ellie Franklinwood, they surely would have got on the scoresheet.  As Oxford pushed forward searching for a goal, Alleyn’s added a third through Heyndrickx. Who in truth proved the difference between 2 excellent sides.

The match began in atrocious weather conditions with ACS Cobham enjoying good possession and passing the ball well, whilst Oakham looked to play on the break. After some sustained pressure, Oakham managed to get the first goal with Jenny Mathiesen poking home after a real goal mouth scramble. Both teams then went on to create chances but a combination of brave defending and excellent goal keeping meant that the score remained 1-0 at half time. The home team put Oakham under intense pressure at the start of the second half and the equalising goal eventually came as Cobham successfully exploited the space on their right hand side. A nail biting finish then ensued but just as it looked like going into extra time, and with Oakham’s star forward side-lined with cramp, the tireless Mathiesen drove forward yet again and after some intricate passing, found herself in front of goal and finished accurately. Cobham pushed hard for the equaliser but time was against them.


Repton had a lot of the play early in the first half but Forest grew in confidence and took a lead after twenty minutes with an excellent long-range effort. Forest quickly added a second and defended resolutely to go into the break two goals to the good. Repton continued to apply pressure in the second period and eventually Holly Cook was able to unlock the Forest defence with twenty-five minutes left on the clock. Another Cook effort went agonisingly past the post shortly afterwards, but this was Repton’s last chance of any note. Forest continued to look lively going forward and solid at the back, seeing out the final minutes to secure victory.

In a hard-fought match, Wycombe Abbey and Welbeck drew 1-1. The first half was goalless with both sides being particularly competitive in the centre of the park, although Wycombe came close from a corner and Welbeck constantly threatened on the break. After half time, Wycombe took the lead after some neat interplay between Eastwood and Thomas, with Thomas rifling home a finish which powered into the bottom corner. Welbeck deservedly equalised through Claire Weetman shortly after some persistent attacks wore down the Wycombe defence. Both sides had chances to win, with Welbeck hitting the post in the final stages.

The first half remained goalless despite Welbeck having the greater possession and creating some half opportunities without really troubling the Uppingham goalkeeper. In the second half Welbeck were still struggling to get a break through and Uppingham were becoming more confident in the attacking third. They did have the ball in the back of the net, only for it to be ruled out for offside in the build-up. With 10 minutes to go a change in formation gave Welbeck the impetus to finally get the opening goal, Victoria Parker slotting home coolly. This followed swiftly by an own goal from a Welbeck corner, leaving the final score as 2-0.

Welbeck conceded an early penalty with Forest star defender Ella Chisholm coolly slotting away to give Forest a lead which they held until halftime despite some decent efforts from Welbeck including 2 long range efforts from Lois Stevenson, one of which was saved superbly from going in the top right corner. In the second half Welbeck had planet of possession but produced few chance with Forest defence stoutly defending and looking dangerous on the break. With less than 10 minutes to go pressure from Kendra Weaver produced an opportunity for Caitlan Smart to get a well deserved equaliser, however Welbeck were unable to build on this in the final few minutes.

A showcase of football saw Repton squeeze past Oakham in a thrilling end-to-end affair. Oakham led twice in the first half thanks to some excellent counter attacking football but Repton pegged them back with goals from Charlotte Luke and Bea Bridge. Repton started the second half in good form and created several chances before Bea Bell finished from close range to put them in front for the first time. As the half wore on, Oakham grew in confidence and put Repton under significant pressure without ever managing to penetrate the final line of defence. Despite a nervy last five minutes, Repton held firm to secure a 3-2 win.

The first 20 minutes were hard fought with both Oakham and Uppingham getting early chances. After missing a few early opportunities, Oakham’s centre forward, Sentance, found her range and for the next 15 minutes became virtually unplayable scoring 5 quick goals. Mathiesen also chipped in making the score 6-0 at half time. Uppingham started the stronger of the two teams after the break, retaining good possession and getting their goal after some sustained pressure in the Oakham half. Oakham slowly managed to get themselves back on top at times but it was a very even contest. Mathiesen completed her hat trick late on with a cool 30 yard curler and Wardrop also got on the scoresheet with a skilful finish with the outside of her right boot.

It was the usual tense opening as both Forest and Oakham tested and probed each other’s defences trying to make the breakthrough. Both teams displayed clear quality and it took a well-worked goal to open the scoring through Oakham’s captain, Mathiesen. There were further goals before half time for both Lorán Bosser and two for Sentence, including the goal of the day – a 30 yard curler, after cutting in from the left. Forest were unlucky not to pull one back when a snap shot was brilliantly tipped onto the bar by Wardrop. Forest were finally rewarded for their strong approach play in the second half with a well worked goal from close range but the Oakham girls continued to pass the ball well and managed to match their first half tally with the game ending 8-1, with both Mathiesen and Sentence scoring hat tricks for the second game running.

Both Repton and Uppingham enjoyed periods of possession in the first half, Uppingham starting strong and Repton gradually growing into the game. There were chances at both ends but, thanks to some resolute defending, it stayed goalless into the break. Repton grabbed two earlier goals in the second period through a Holly Cook header and a break-away goal from Lily Walker. They then continued to apply pressure in search of a third but Uppingham kept things tight and had chances of their own as Repton committed players forward. The scoring was completed late on when a Walker cross was turned in by a Uppingham boot.

Welbeck started the game in fine form, putting Repton under pressure and capitalising on any errors made in the defensive line. This proved a successful tactic as Claire Weetman scored two unanswered goals before the break. In the second half Repton gradually applied the pressure and pulled a goal back through Bea Bridge. Welbeck continued to defend resolutely and it looked as though they would hang on for the win until some smart work from Ellie Barlow on the right flank saw the ball deflecting in off a defensive boot.

Both, Oakham and Wycombe Abbey started strongly, testing each other’s defences early on. Gradually, Oakham got on top and made the break through with Lorán Bosser scoring from close range after some intense pressure. Mathiesen started to find space and managed to add two more before the break. The introduction of Sentance and Styles to the forward line in the second half increased Oakham’s attacking options and they were soon rewarded with four excellent goals from Sentance and a third for Mathiesen. Wycombe Abbey continued to contest every ball until the final whistle and were unfortunate not to score themselves.

Oakham v Welbeck Defence College


St Clare’s scored four unanswered goals in the first half which made this a very difficult fixture for UCS.  Bretthauer (2), Gaber (1) and Laurent (1).  Forsyth, from UCS, did score a fine individual goal in the second half.  However Laurent secured her hat trick and the match ball by the end of play.

UCS started the game positively, breaking away with two goal-scoring opportunities inside the first 10 minutes, though not able to execute the chances and both shots just going wide. Headington hit back immediately, and with their pace up front, they were able to break away and take the lead. Two further goals led them into a 3-0 lead at half-time. UCS had no available substitutes, and went down to ten players, due to an injury. Headington's excellent attack further stretched their lead, with two further goals, whilst UCS ended the game with 9 players due to a second injury.

St Clare’s took the early lead against Headington after a penalty scored by Bretthauer. Headington finished the half stronger with two goals from their fast centre forward. The hosts went 3-1 up after the break. The determination of the St Clare’s girls was admirable and Laurent’s score made the final 10 minutes pulsating. The equaliser by Frigerio, scored in the injury time, period ensured a memorable draw for St Clare’s.

A seven goal thriller in Oxford with both teams playing open and at times hectic football. The lead was shared back and forth with a draw being the likely result. However the Oxford High pressure in the last five minutes paid dividends with a winning goal from a corner. Wallace, Laurent and Boas scored for the Visitors, St Clare's.

Two evenly matched teams played another seven goal game in Oxford. St Clare’s started the brighter and eventually were rewarded with the opening goal with a long range strike from Laurent. The response from Notting Hill & Ealing (NHES) was immediate and they followed this with two more goals before the break.  Gaber did score one for the hosts, to make the half time score 3-2.  NHEHS extended their lead in the second half.  This was followed by a period of sustained St Clare’s attacking, resulting in a star performance from the NHHS Goal Keeper, who made a number of fine saves.  Gaber scored her second of the afternoon, but NHEHS held on to a 4-3 win.

Headington v Oxford
Notting Hill & Ealing v Headington 
Notting Hill & Ealing v UCS
Oxford High v. Notting Hill & Ealing 
UCS v Oxford High 


Having been gun-shy against Alleyns, Sevenoaks’ forwards began the game determined to take advantage of the excellent service provided by their strong midfield quartet of playmaker Giulia Clini, Imme Van der Plas, Claire Morgan and Camille Favre. On a superb pitch, a succession of through balls and sometimes exquisitely chipped passes set up chance after chance and it seemed only a matter of time before Sevenoaks broke through. Sevenoaks added a second before Bedes reminded them that when their three best players combine, they are good enough to hurt any team. 2-1 at half-time, but in the second half, Sevenoaks pulled away. Tireless Ellie Parton scored five, Claire Morgan and Phoebe Buckland scored two apiece, MVP Giulia Clini added a tenth, the two more followed from Camille Favre and Imme Van der Plas, respectively. Bedes scored a second goal but Sevenoaks defended well and goalkeeper Cerys Jenkins even saved a penalty, proving that the heroics were not confined to one end of the pitch.    

Alleyn’s versus Sevenoaks was a tense and tightly fought contest between two strong sides. The girls were treated to an immaculate pitch, which aided a high quality game of football. Sevenoaks came out the traps quickly, looking slick in possession and dangerous in attack. The Alleyn’s centre back pairing of Maddy Butler and Marion Thompson needed to be on top form to withstand the early onslaught. As the half went on Alleyn’s settled into the game, beginning to control possession with Elisabeth Heyndrickx looking threatening in the final third. They were rewarded just before half time – when Heyndrickx found half a yard on the edge of the box, and curled in a well-placed shot. 1-0 at halftime, a score line which flattered the visitors. The second half started in similar fashion to the first but, Alleyn’s always looked threatening on the counter attack. Sevenoaks pushed forward searching for an equalizer late on, and Alleyn’s exploited the gaps. Hannah McMichael (on her return from injury) latched onto a well weighted through ball and slotted home to seal a hard earned victory.

Alleyns versus St James was an impressive, technical game between two strong sides. St James dominated the first 10 minutes with several attempts made to break the Alleyns’ defence. However, it was Alleyns who opened the scoring with 2 goals in quick succession from Elisabeth Hendrickx, both from long range. St James continued to fight on, but by half time it was 3-0 with Alleyn’s playing some fantastic football. This continued on after the break, with Alleyns continuing to push forward adding a further 2 goals to the score line, despite the solid work from the St James keeper. Overall, a very entertaining game.

Sevenoaks and Ardingly defied the bad weather during a hard-fought contest which could have gone either way. Ardingly’s early pressure was not converted into goals, partly through bad luck and partly through the efforts of the Sevenoaks’ goalkeeper, Cerys Jenkins, who pulled off some great saves.  As the first half drew to a close, Sevenoaks gained in confidence and the goal that looked increasingly likely was scored close to half time by captain Lovisa Lindquist, who showed exemplary desire and commitment throughout the match.  Renee Ojikutu, the most skilful player on the pitch, added another early in the second half after a mazy run. Ardingly fought back, with several of their players showing impressive fitness and determination.  Finally, Ardingly scored, but Sevenoaks, who were obliged to play with no substitutes, rallied. There were chances at both ends in the closing minutes in a tough match which did great credit to both teams, but Sevenoaks’ best players, Imme Van der Plas, Lovisa Lindquist and Renee Ojikutu, dug deep and took the pressure off their team-mates with a number of solo runs. Full time: Sevenoaks 2 Ardingly 1.   

A repeat of the 2017/18 cup final, Alleyn’s versus Bedes was a high-quality game between two strong sides. Bedes started strongly testing the Alleyn’s defence with some dangerous balls over the top. However, Alleyn’s were the first team to make the breakthrough when Captain Honor Tennant finished a one on one with the keeper. Alleyn’s added another and then scored on the stroke of half term through Ella Bauwens. A score which flattered the hosts at half time. After the break Bedes fought back strongly and pulled a go back through a penalty after a clumsy challenge in the box. As the game went on and Bedes pushed forward, Alleyn’s managed to add further goals on the counter attack - adding some gloss to the score line.

Alleyn's v Ardingly 
Ardingly v Bede's
Ardingly v St James
St James v Sevenoaks


The game started with a good intensity, both side’s defences were well organised, proving difficult to break. The deadlock was broken by Millfield, Millie Quaintance, who played an overlap with Mia Pierre-Wetherell down the left wing, cut inside and fired into the top right corner for an excellent goal. Charterhouse didn’t let their heads drop, rewarded by a firm finish from Matilde Calleri, finishing the first half all square. Charterhouse took the lead 15 mins into the second half, courtesy of a tricky shot bouncing just in front of the goalkeeper, ending up in the bottom corner. Millfield kept pushing forwards over the next 10mins, resulting in two more goals from Millie Quaintance. One was good build up play through the midfield and the second was a fabulous solo effort with a run from her own half and a fine finish from inside the box. Uzi Okoli put the game away with only 2 mins to go with a chance that came from her constant hassling and pressure upfront, taking a pass with a nice first touch and firing in from 12 yards. A great game which was played with a lot of energy and sports(wo)manship from both teams.

ACS Cobham started strong and created early chances that were either squandered or repulsed by some resolute defending. Charterhouse nearly scored first but a shot from the edge of the box sailed wide of the post. Midway through the first half Cobham opened the scoring when Ines Sargren drove an unstoppable drive in from 30 yards. Sargren made it 2-0 three minutes later, angling a shot in from a short corner. Then a wonderful move sent left winger Katie Duerr away and from her pull back Sargren crashed the ball in first time to complete her hat trick. Charterhouse fought all the way but Cobham were just too strong and with fifteen minutes left Sargren made it 4-0 just before being replaced. Madelief Peters added two more goals from close in as the hard pressed Charterhouse defence tired.

Kings College Taunton dominated the early exchanges and put ACS Cobham under a lot of pressure. From a quick breakaway Marlow gave Kings the lead with an excellent finish into the far corner. It took Cobham around 25 minutes to really come to grips with Kings as they then got the ball down and started to spread it wide. As half time approached Cobham scored twice to take the lead.  Madelief Peters tapped home after Elena Pearce spilled the ball, then Haya Kamal after a lovely jink, finished coolly from the edge of the box. Just after the half time, Jasmijn Uludag hassled the King's keeper out of a tight back pass and scored the important third goal. The match was then very even with the excellent Pearce being the busier of the two keepers. The game was then all but put to bed by Cobham as Peters broke through to fire home for 4-1. However, Kings responded almost immediately as Victoria Neufiend reduced the deficit with a looping cross shot over the Cobham keeper's head. This was short lived as the impressive Ines Sargren burst past two defenders and tucked the ball away to seal victory for Cobham with a 5-2 win. 

In dank conditions after a lot of morning rain ACS Cobham ran out as comfortable winners in the opening match in group D.  The first goal came from a short corner on the right when Ines Sargren fired an unstoppable left foot strike into the far top corner. Millfield, spurred on by the talented Millie Quaintance, tried to respond but the Cobham defence was too resolute.  Cobham soon doubled their lead when the Millfield keeper failed to hold Katie Duerr's left wing shot.  Sargren made it three before the break as she tore through the Millfield defence and shot low into the corner. Cobham set about managing their lead in the second half but still created several chances.  Millfield came close to scoring when the Cobham keeper didn't set herself properly and pushed the ball back out only to see the follow up shot hitting the side netting. Then Cobham finished the match strongly as Julieta Donadini hammered in the fourth from the edge of the box and Anna Nelson added the fifth as she ran in and cushioned the ball home after the Millfield keeper had failed to hold a left wing cross.

Bradfield v ACS Cobham
Charterhouse v Bradfield 
King's College Taunton v Bradfield 
King's College Taunton v Charterhouse
King's College Taunton v Millfield 
Millfield v Bradfield 


ISFA have confirmed details for the 2018/19 season girls U18 & U15 national tournaments, including a brand new U15 girls national cup and changes to the existing U18 girls national cup. In 2018/19 ISFA will run a 11v11 national cup and a 7v7 national tournament for both U18s (Y11-13) and U15s (Y9-10) as part of its commitment to growing independent schools girls football.

In addition to the new U15 girls cup being launched, there is also a huge change to the format of the U18 girls cup for the 2018/19 season, with a ‘champions league’ style format replacing the existing knockout cup format.

Below are a summary of the changes to the U18 national cup for the 2018/19 season, and the reasons behind these changes. Anyone with any queries should contact ISFA National Football Development Manager Ian Bent via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Changes to the Girls U18 National Cup:

- Knockout cup format replaced with a ‘Champions League’ style format with a round robin group stage taking place between 1st October 2018 and 15th February 2019, leading to semi-finals and final for the respective group winners.

- Schools allocated a group based on geographical location.

- During the group stages schools play each other once (home and away fixtures will be determined by ISFA and will alternate year by year). Fixtures will be released by ISFA with schools responsible for agreeing a date for that fixture and notifying ISFA.

- Please note the new Girls U15 National Cup will follow the same format as this (number of entries permitting).

Reasons for the changes:

- As part of ISFAs commitment to growing and developing girls football the ISFA looked at ways of improving the current girls cup to provide more matches and encourage more schools to enter.

- Recent seasons have seen a number of schools enter the competition but not fulfil matches, resulting in some schools only playing a couple of games prior to reaching the final.

- By introducing a group stage opening round ISFA will provide a minimum number of matches for all participating schools, regardless of results, and provide schools with multiple matches against a variety of strength of opposition.

- By introducing regional group stages we are hopeful that this will see stronger links and relationships develop between schools playing girls football in local areas.

- A key strength of independent schools boys football is the tradition of the block fixtures, and we hope in time that this format could support the development of girls football block fixtures.






Read 16542 times
Tagged under