Published in U16 Girls




Sunday 12th January 
Charterhouse School

Charterhouse School hosted the historic first ever girls representative fixture between ISFA and ESFA on a bright winters afternoon. It was ESFA who started the stronger of the two teams dominating the early stages with ISFA having to defend well to keep the scores level. Just as ISFA started to grow into the game they fell behind after a penalty was awarded in the 17th minute for a late challenge just inside the penalty area. Poppy Bastock went the right way but couldn’t keep the spot kick out of the net.

ISFA reacted well to this setback and soon started to compete well across all areas of the pitch and began to look a real danger on the counter attack, especially through Reanna Blades and Lilac Jervis in the wide areas. Just as it looked like they would go into the break a goal down a well worked counter attack saw the ball worked in Lucia Bustamante who beat a defender before striking from 25 yards beating the keeper to make the scores 1-1.

The second half was a very even affair with both teams playing some delightful football and looking to add to their goal tallies. However it was ESFA who regained the lead capitalising on some hesitancy from the ISFA defence in the penalty area to poke home from close range. ISFA once again reacted very well to going a goal behind and were soon pushing strong for an equaliser creating a number of opportunities. Just after the hour mark ISFA produced the move of the match as some quick passing released Edie Priest who broke from midfield before a perfectly timed pass put Clarissa Jackson through on goal, Clarissa kept her cool and fired the ball past the goalkeeper to level the scores once again.

The final fifteen minutes of the match saw both sides pushing to find a winning goal, but both defences stood firm and ensured the game finished 2-2, with a draw the fair result on the balance of play.

Wednesday 11th December
St George's Park

ISFA went into their international fixture against Scotland with great energy and enthusiasm, this reflected the first 10 minutes of the game with good competitive play from both sides.

The first half consisted of some great build up play from the ISFA U16 team, however, this didn’t materialise into any clear chances because of some resilient defending displayed by Scotland.

The second half started very much same, half chances being created but in the 70th minute ISFA broke the deadlock with a well taken finish from Charlotte Cahn. ISFA continued to put on the pressure, pinning back the opposition with a mixture of direct and quick combinations. The game was put out of reach with a well delivered set piece to eventually be finished by Maya Baddour.

Tuesday 10th December 
St George's Park

A fiercely competitive game between ISFA U16 and Worcestershire, the match ended 2-1 to Worcestershire schools but the performance was pleasing from an ISFA perspective.

The game started with great energy, Lucia Bustamente leading the way with great fullback play combining well with Lily Patrick. ISFA took the lead with a great set piece delivery from Lily Patrick where a mix up in the box ended up in the back of net, Clarissa Jackson claiming the suspicious goal.

After half time the game the game had patches of dominance from both sides but no clinical finish from either sides. This changed late on for Worcestershire who in quick succession scored 2 from long range. The winning goal coming in the last moments of the match.

Monday 21st October
Huntingdon Town FC

A fiercely competitive fixture between ISFA and Cambridge City ended with a 6-0 victory to ISFA but could have been much closer.

ISFA started brightly by establishing some good possession but failed to create any clear chances, credit to Cambridge City for resilient defending making them heard to break down. The deadlock was finally broken from a corner expertly delivered by Lily Patrick and met by Leila Lister with an emphatic finish. Goals followed again for ISFA with a great strike from Lilac Jervis and a second set piece goal from Leila Lister making it 3-0.

However, Cambridge City then replied with a good spell of pressure resulting in Chloe Donellan making a clever save by shutting the angle in a one on one. The pressure continued from Cambridge city where they won a penalty to only be denied again from Chloe Donellan as she made a great diving save to her left. ISFA went in at half time lucky to be 3-0 up.

Second half ISFA came out with better intentions on the ball, circulating possession with greater purpose and looked like a bigger threat with Reanna Blades showing incredible speed and control. Charlotte Cahn finished well for the fourth, Maya Baddour deflected shot looped in and Lilac Jervis finished the scoring to complete the score line 6-0.  

ISFA GIRLS REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAMME 2019-20 (all dates subject to change) 

22nd September
Trials for squads

October Half Term
Cambridge Development Camp

10th & 11th December 2019
St Georges Park Camp

January – March
Additional fixtures TBC including Scotland tour


Sunday 10th March
ISFA U16 4 Kent School 2

In very windy and blustery conditions it was Kent Schools who started more brightly of the two teams creating some excellent early opportunities. Their continuous pressure soon paid off when a mix up in the ISFA defence saw the Kent striker score. Minutes later a Kent free kick was no dealt with and they doubled their lead. The second half saw a change of formation for ISFA and aided by the wind quickly upped their game. Clara John won a penalty that Leila Lister converted. This set the tone for the second half and minutes later Mathilda Finburgh followed up Lister’s shot and equalised. ISFA continued to press and started to dominate the game giving Kent schools no time on the ball. ISFA then took the lead when Finburgh brought down Clarissa's cross and placed the ball past the goalkeeper. The game was put beyond doubt when Finburgh completed her hat-trick when she headed home a cross by John.

Wednesday 12th December
(St. George's Park)

ISFA U16s Girls started strong, pressing high against Scotland, to win the ball consistently in the middle third from with consistent work from the defenders and midfielders. Within the first 5 minutes a goal was scored from a great run from Daisy-Mai Clements who revived the ball from a cross into the space from Mathilda Finburgh to the side of the keep Scotland keeper.

Minutes later Evie Thompson combined with Daisy-Mai Clements to put her through behind the SISFA defence , initially Saved by Scottish goalkeeper but followed in well by Victoria Neuefeind to make it 2 goals in first 10 minutes

ISFA then settled for a while but a third goal appeared from a quick throw in to Evie Thompson who delivered a nice punch pass into box for Clara John to loft over keeper, making it 3-0 ISFA

ISFA scored a fourth goal before half time came from Mathilda Finburgh who had been playing well up front, putting the SISFA defenders under pressure using her strength and speed to try break the line. Scotland scored their only after a mix up in defence. ISFA attacked more in the second half but were unable to get anymore goals until the last few minutes when Clarissa Jackson scored a brace, the second goal being finished well after a driving run and cross from Evie Thompson.

Tuesday 11th December
(St. George's Park)

This was a strong overall performance from the U16 ISFA team against an organised Worcestershire. The match was tightly contested with few clear chances from either side.

In the first half ISFA were able to construct some tidy build up play, resulting in a handful of half chances just outside the 18 yard box. This continued throughout the half with little response.  In the second half Worcestershire came out with more purpose to the game, pinning back the ISFA side for parts of the game. ISFA were able to show great discipline, especially Eloise Ward and Grace White, reading the game and making some excellent well timed challenges. The game finished 0-0 that reflected a fair result.


Thursday 25th October
(Huntingdon Town FC)

The Under 16s started their season with a convincing win against Cambridge City. They started quickly, pressing the City defence and within the first 5 minutes were rewarded when Sophie Smith’s cross was turned in by Mathilda Finburgh. Just 2 minutes later ISFA came close again when the ever threatening Evie Thompson hit a lovely strike from the edge of the area forcing the goalkeeper into a wonderful save. After 12 minutes ISFA doubleD their lead when Victoria Neuenfeind shot dropped in at the back post. ISFA continued to build upon their passing game and a well worked move resulted in Smith tapping home from close range. At the end of the first half Leila Lister broke through the defence to chip the ball over the goalkeeper.  

The second half continued in a similar fashion with ISFA continuing to be a threat. Lister scores her second of the game when she latched into a through ball and slotted last the goalkeeper and with one minute to go completed her hat trick when Eloise Ward played a ball over the top and she cools rounder the goalkeeper.

Photographs of this match can be obtained from RWT Photography.


Read 24802 times
Tagged under