Published in U17 Boys



The following players have been selected to face Loughborough University on Sunday 15th March.
Kick-off is 2pm at Loughborough University.
Full details will be sent out via email and confirmations of availability are required before Sunday 1st March.  ​


Alex Kemsley​
Alex Neal​
Bankole Claudius-Cole​
Ben Lees​
Cameron Pike​
Derry Duffy​
Finn Sansom​
Guy Gower​
Jacob Roddy​
Jake Baker​
Jarryd Richardson​
Jay McGrath​
Jonny White​
Seb Boyd​
Tom Howard​
Eno Nto
Tom Jones​
Tom Whitwell​


Non-travelling reserves​:

Cian Spencer-McDermott​
Oliver Burke​
Tom Stanley John Williams​



The ISFA u17’s made a strong and competitive start in the tricky wet January conditions. Midway through the first half, Nto and Richardson went close to opening the score, only to be denied by two outstanding saves by the Sheffield United goal keeper. Against the run of play and just before half time, the premier league youth side took the lead with a smart and delicate 1v1 finish into the bottom right corner. Fresh changes at half time, helped ISFA maintain the attacking pressure on Sheffield’s defence and goal area. Nto levelled the score, when he converted a fine run and powerful shot into the left corner of the Sheffield goal. Moments later, Jones put ISFA 2-1 up with a neatly taken penalty kick into the roof of the Sheffield net. Several more chances came ISFA’s way and Whitwell rounded off an excellent second half performance when heading home from close range to make the final score of 3-1. This was a positive start made and will certainly help team momentum going into next month’s match against Brighton.



Shrewsbury School was to be an excellent venue to host the National U17 ISFA trial and an opportunity for players to impress and gain that final selection place into the Full ISFA U17 squad. Mixing the selected players to make two ISFA teams, both sides settled quickly and showed urgency to impress. After 5 mins, Spencer-McDermott opened the scoring for the ISFA Reds by sweeping his shot home from close range. Richardson equalised soon after for the ISFA Blues, drilling a fine left footed strike into the bottom right corner to make it 1-1. In the second half, both teams continued to provide attacking qualities and chances on goal in the tricky November conditions. In the 60th minute, a calm Tom Jones side footed finish restored a 2-1 lead for the ISFA Reds and soon after, Diaz-Rainey extended their lead to make it 3-1. Alex Neal pulled a goal back for the ISFA Blues, pouncing and rebounding onto Gower’s powerful shot from distance. Though the final score was of little meaning, all the players involved at the final trial, again showed an excellent standard of football and that they fully deserved to be there.


ISFA U17 vs Loughborough University
Sunday 15th March 2020
Loughborough University, 2pm

ISFA U17 National training camp
Tuesday 7th - Thursday 9th April 2020
University of Nottingham

ISFA U17 vs Scotland Independent Schools U18
Sunday 26th April 2020
Spartans Ground, Edinburgh, 12.45pm 


Sunday 28th April
(Queen Ethelburga's College, York)

The ISFA U17 team played their final game of the season against an impressive U18 Scotland side at the outstanding facilities of Queen Ethelburga’s School. Scotland started on the front foot and created a number of a chances early on but were well thwarted by Brad Miller in the ISFA goal. ISFA were starting to settle into the game but Scotland continued to look threatening on the break. The key moment of the half came in the 20th minute when an individual moment of brilliance from the Scotland forward saw him volley in from 35 yards. Scotland continued to press and ISFA struggled to break down the resolute Scottish defence. A mistake from the ISFA defender let in Scotland for the second leaving the hosts trailing 2-0 at half time. The next goal was key and unfortunately for ISFA Scotland scored straight after half time when a deep cross found the Scottish midfielder who rose above both CBs to score an excellent header. ISFA now had a mountain to climb and despite some excellent passages of play and numerous chances created they couldn’t find the breakthrough they deserved and lost the game 3-0. A tough lesson against a physically dominant Scotland side but none the less a great way to finish a very positive season for the ISFA U17 boys.

Tuesday 16th April
(Nottingham University)

The ISFA under 17 squad were tested in their game against Notts County Academy, at Nottingham University. This was a game of good quality and one where the boys were challenged tactically and technically. Notts County began very strong, clever movement by their attacking players meant that ISFA were under pressure from the start and it was not long before they fell behind. The game was made up of 3 x 30 minute periods. This allowed ISFA to regroup enabling them to successfully deal with the attacking threat posed. This was quickly evident and the ISFA team began to enjoy good spells of possession and some sustained pressure on the Notts County goal. The equalising goal came from a penalty which McCallum (Millfield) confidently tucked away. Disappointingly the ISFA team conceded a late goal in this second period after failing to clear a corner and paying the price. Early in the third period ISFA equalised when Bruk Bournemouth Collegiate) pounced on the ball in the box to drill a shot low past the keeper. Notts County finished the stronger of the two sides scoring a late winner in the closing stages of the game.

Monday 15th April 
(Nottingham University)

The ISFA side played their first game of two during their Nottingham training camp. ISFA started quickly taking an early lead when Bruk (Bournemouth Collegiate) calmly beat the keeper to pass the ball into the net. Nottingham responded strongly gaping much success down the flanks and by half-time they had taken a two goal lead. In the second half the ISFA team came back in to the game and after a sustained period of pressure scored an equaliser after a strong run and shot from Manning (Westminster) which the goal keeper parried out only for Jones (Millfield) to follow up on and score. ISFA growing in confidence continued to create chances. With 15 minutes to go they were awarded a penalty after a handball in the box. Instrall (Hampton) calmly stroked the ball home giving ISFA a deserved victory.

Sunday 24th March
(Loughborough University Stadium)

The first 30 minutes was a tight affair with both teams giving little away and only half chances created. However, near to the end of the first period after a strong run and cross from Thomas (Royal Russell) Bruk (Bournemouth Collegiate) calmly slotted the ball home. In the second third the Loughborough Students began to take control of the game and looked more dangerous in attack. Their pressure paid off when they scored their first goal which was followed soon after with a second from the penalty spot. The U17 boys reacted well and scored the equalising goal again just before the break, Instrall (Hampton) with a good left footed strike finding the corner of the net. The final third proved to be the opposite of the first with both teams creating and scoring a number of goals. The students went ahead from a central free-kick on the edge of the box. However the attacking endeavour of the ISFA full backs meant the school boys regained the lead with two goals in quick succession. The first from the left back Jones (Millfield) with an excellent finish cutting in on his right foot and then right back Elwood (Brentwood) drilled the ball into the back of the net when it fell to him in the box. Elwood was to add another with an excellent turn and shot from the edge of the box with his left foot. The sixth goal was created by Jones for Fielding (Dixie Grammar) to finish. The students did not give up and their perseverance paid off with a consolation goal at the end. Making the final score Loughborough Students 4 ISFA U17 6.

Sunday 10th February
(Sheffield United Academy)

This was an impressive performance from the ISFA U17 team on what turned out to be a lovely day at Sheffield United’s Academy.  The Academy side (including a number of trialists) started strongly and took an early lead when their centre back headed in from a well taken corner.  The ISFA boys grew into the game and began to put together some excellent passages of play to create some half chances. It was one such move that saw Leon Thomas (Royal Russell) pass through to Yigal Bruk (Bournemouth Collegiate) who finished with composure. In the second half the ISFA Boys took control of the game with some well worked goals. Bruk completing a hatrick. Rafael Kaidussis (Millfield) getting two and both Leon Thomas and Finley Fielding (Dixie Grammar) scoring one a piece. Thank you to Sheffield United for hosting the fixture.

Sunday 27th January 
(American Express Elite Performance Centre)

ISFA U17 opened their campaign against a strong Brighton and Hove Albion team at the American Express Elite Performance Centre. The game began at an impressive pace and it took ISFA time to settle into the game. Leon Thomas was a constant threat on the left hand side but it was Brighton who looked most threatening particularly on the break. They soon took the lead after a mazy run and fine finish and were causing the ISFA backline tactical problems with their intelligent movement and pace. They soon doubled the lead just before half time with another quick breakaway. ISFA stood firm in the second half in difficult conditions and were unfortunate to concede late on with the game finishing 3-0. A tough opening fixture but lots of positives and things to work on going into the Sheffield United game in two weeks’ time.

Sunday 25th November 
(Shrewsbury School)

The U17s trial match was a high quality encounter with the ISFA Red team coming out on top. Harrison Sullivan opened the scoring with a fine curling effort and further goals from Finley Fielding, Ben Jones and Leon Thomas gave the Red team a commanding lead. Harry Hauserman saved a first half penalty giving the blue team a glimmer of hope going into the second half. Raf Kaidussis added another just after half time before the blue team hit back late on with a powerful run from Yigal Bruk. Well done to all the boys involved making it a very tough decision for the selectors.

Sunday 4th November 
(Brentwood School)

ISFA U17 were instantly on the back foot as they conceded in the first minute from a well taken header. However, they soon responded with a well taken penalty from Raf Teniente. ISFA then took control of the game and were soon ahead after excellent combination play from Sam Elwood and Yigal Bruk who squared the ball back to Harrison Sullivan to finish neatly into the corner. Harrison then added his second of the game when he curled the ball superbly into the top corner and ISFA were soon out of sight when another fine individual goal from Raf Teniente made it 4. Yigal Bruk finished off the scoring and the game ended 5-1 to ISFA.  

Read 10367 times
Tagged under