Published in U18 Boys




Sunday 25th November
(Shrewsbury School)

The Final National Trial was a real showcase of the best ISFA footballers in the country.  The standard on show was exceptional with both teams playing attacking football full of tempo and creativity.  ISFA Reds opened the scoring in outstanding fashion when a crossfield ball from Josh Teeluck (Royal Russell) was plucked out of the air by Ibrahim Alhassan (Brooke House) who unselfishly squared the ball to Shaun-Chris Joash (Hampton) to finish.  Their lead was doubled not long after by Alhassan.  ISFA Whites grew into the game and it was Callum Holland (Epsom College) who made it 2-1.  In quick reply, Joash had a well hit shot slightly deflected and in to the back of the net to make it 3-1 at half time.  Alex Taylor (Royal Russell) further extended the lead after half time though this did not stop the Whites from battling.  After Garvey-Williams (Royal Russell) made it 4-2 with a fine individual goal it looked like it could be game in.  Joash though had other ideas and completed his hattrick with a fine goal from distance that finally settled the match.

Sunday 4th November
(Brentwood School)

Hosted at Brentwood School, ISFA South enjoyed another victory with a fantastic display of football.  They were dominant from the very first whistle and opened the scoring after just 2 minutes through Ada Okorogheye (Royal Russell).  The team enjoyed a huge amount of possession but had to by weary of their opposition on the counter attack.  Okorogheye doubled his tally and ISFA’s lead after a clever ball from Alessandro Nanni (Ardingly).  The third, and goal of the game, was a flowing passing move that found Jacob Thompson (Royal Russell) out wide who delivered a pin point cross for Joel Valentin (Bradfield) to finish.  Peiter Stein (Millfield) then latched on to a poor back pass to make it 4 at half time.  Essex came out far more determined in the second half which proved to be a very even affair.  ISFA though held on tightly for their clean sheet and added another well taken goal from Ben Thompson (Forest).  The final National Trial Squad which will take place on Sunday 25th November at Shrewsbury School will be announced on the evening of Tuesday 6th November.

Sunday 14th Oct

On a wet day at Charterhouse the young ISFA side started very strongly against the experienced Casual’s team. They deservedly took the lead midway through the half, Thomas (Royal Russell) scoring on his second attempt after hitting the post with his first. The lead was extended just before the halftime whistle when Teniente (Millfield) latched onto a ball behind the full back and calmly finished breaking in from the right. In the second half the Casuals found their stride and began to get back in the game. However after a good move down the right and an excellent low driven cross from Instrall (Hampton) which found Elwood (Brentwood) on the edge of the box who scored with a well struck shot. Casuals did not give up and were awarded with a fine goal. The ISFA U17 Blues however responded positively and scored a fourth when Bruk (Bournemouth Collegiate) coolly finished after getting behind the defence from the right in a goal which was almost a carbon copy of the second. Overall it was an impressive display from the ISFA Boys.

Sunday 14th Oct

ISFA started brightly with Peter Stein (Millfield) finding pockets in between the opposition midfield and the front two of Shaun-Chris Joash (Hampton) and Raf Kaidussius (Millfield) pace stretching the opposition back line.  ISFA raced into a 2 goal lead thanks to strikes from the strikers, and then controlled the rest of first half thanks to excellent possession play of the midfield 2 of Lewis McGillycuddy (Royal Russell) and Finn Harvey (Tonbridge).  In the second half ISFA ran away with the game due to constant threat of Alex Taylor’s (Royal Russell) pace, who scored and assisted several goals in the second half and the probing passing of Joel Valentine (Bradfield) and Harrison Sullivan (Brentwood) with the eventual score being 9-1.

Sunday 14th Oct

An extremely pleasing performance this afternoon. In wet conditions on an unforgiving surface the boys played some outstanding football and simply had too much for the opposition today. The boys were asked to press high in the first period and, play quickly and positively in possession. They carried this out with enthusiasm and bundles of quality. The first goal from Nanni (Ardingly) was a terrific long range strike which dipped and swerved past the Kent keeper and into the bottom left hand corner with the keeper rooted to the spot. It wasn't long before Okorogheye (Royal Russell) added a second. Nanni, Le Rougetel (Millfield) and Newbury-Teeluck (Royal Russell) combined smartly down the left hand side and presented Okorogheye with the chance to beat the keeper from 15 yards which he took with aplomb. It was then Holland's (Epsom) turn to get in on the act as he placed a fine left footed finish into the top left hand corner after receiving an excellent cut back from Le Rougetel on the right hand side. The boys appeared to then lose some energy from their press and Kent came back into things, grabbing a goal back from a near post finish. The boys did restore their 3 goal cushion before half time though. Newbury-Teeluck finishing neatly after clever play from Okorogheye. The team sat a little deeper in the second period and played on the counter attack. They continued to play incisive football though and added two further goals. Nanni grabbing his second with a super dink over the onrushing keeper to crown an excellent individual performance. Garvey-Williams (Royal Russell) then put the icing on the cake with a superb curling effort into the top left corner after a quick short corner.

A very promising performance which was a pleasure to witness.  


Following this programme of matches, the Full ISFA U18 Team is selected.



Read 60990 times
Tagged under