Published in U18 Boys


SEASON 2019-20 

2019-20 FIXTURES

ISFA U18 v Kent Schools
Sunday 13th October 2019 
Charterhouse School (14:00)

ISFA U18 Squads v Nottingham University
Sunday 3rd November 2019 
Basford United FC (13:00 and 15:00)

ISFA U18 v tbc
Sunday 24th November 2019
Shrewsbury School (14:00)

ISFA U18 v Wales Colleges 
Wednesday 11th Decemeber 2019
St George's Park (18:00)

ISFA U18 v England Colleges 
Thursday 12th December 2019 
St George's Park (14:00) 

ISFA U18 v Australia Schools
Sunday 12th January 2020
Shrewsbury School (14:00)

ISFA U18 v Wales School
Sunday 9th February 2020
Shrewsbury School (14:00)

ISFA U18 v Loughborough University
Sunday 22nd March 2020
Loughborough University (ko tbc)


Sunday 24th March
(Loughborough University Stadium)

ISFA completed a very impressive unbeaten season with another professional performance away at the fantastic facilities of Loughborough University. ISFA were straight of the blocks and opened the scoring within minutes after a through-ball from Ben Leeson (Royal Russell) found Ada Okorogheye (Royal Russell) whose chip came back off the crossbar to his head where he made no mistake second time round. His strike partner Shaun-Chris Joash (Hampton) doubled the lead shortly after to take real control of the game. Joash’s second came just short of the half hour mark as he forced the ball off the opposition CB before rounding the keeper and firing home. The 3-0 scoreline definitely flattered ISFA as some excellent defending from George Maxwell (Hampton) and goalkeeping from Robbie Scott (Millfield) was required to stop some well-worked chances. Loughborough made many changes and started to grow further into the game. One of their chances finally paid off as a cross was neatly finished to make it 3-1.This reignited ISFA and Kyrique Garvey-Williams (Royal Russell) scored an outstanding individual goal to remove any hope Loughborough had. The goal of the game came with the last kick as Joash completed his hattrick with a mazy run through the opposition defence followed by a powerful strike passed the helpless keeper. A very fitting end to the season for a superbly talented group of players. We wish them all the best for the future.

Sunday 10th February
(Shrewsbury School)

Despite the week of rain leading up to this game, the Shrewsbury surface was in impeccable condition.  A few injuries to the ISFA squad meant fresh opportunities and debuts for Luke Quinn (Queen Ethelburga’s) and Ben Leeson (Royal Russell).

Wales started the stronger of the two sides. They were pressing with intent and keen to get the ball into attacking positions. This style led to their first goal as a ball in behind was not dealt with by the ISFA defence. The Welsh striker finished neatly. ISFA then grew into the game and started to dominate in terms of possession and chances. The Welsh keeper made two excellent one-on-one saves and more ISFA chances went begging.

An excellent move from the Welsh saw a long switch of play to their opposite winger just arriving into the box. To everyone’s disbelief, he took the ball first time, on the volley, and hammered home a truly outstanding goal off the bar. This spurred ISFA further and with ten minutes on the clock they pegged a goal back. Callum Holland’s (Epsom College) free kick was met by the head of Ben Le Rougetel (Millfield) from close range. As the game went in to injury time, it looked like it was not going to be ISFA’s day. A free kick was awarded on the edge of the box and with the last kick of the game, they had one last chance. Shaun-Chris Joash (Hampton) stepped up and whipped the ball into the bottom left to even the game.

A huge amount of character was shown against a very impressive Welsh side who will no doubt do well in the Centenary Shield this year. The result though means that ISFA finish a second season unbeaten on the International Stage. Well done to all involved!

Photographs of this match can be ordered from


Saturday 13th January 
(Clifton College)

Clifton College was the venue as our under 18’s hosted Australia Schools for their first competitive fixture of their 2019 Tour. Despite a strong wind, both sides produced a competitive and entertaining game of football on a wonderful playing surface. Straight from the kick off ISFA took the lead. A wonderful diagonal pass from Josh Teeluck (Royal Russell) found Matt Bowman (Repton) on the right hand side. Matt did really well and produced a wonderful cross that was met with a fantastic side foot finish by Ada Okorogheye (Royal Russell). In the 7th minute ISFA extended their lead. A long pass by Robbie Scott (Millfield) was flicked on by Ada and found Callum Holland (Epson College) in space. Callum produced a wonderful through ball for Kyrique Garvey-Williams (Royal Russell) to confidently finish past the advancing Australian Keeper. ISFA had the chance to extend the lead to 3-0 when Ada found Josh Teeluck at the back post who had his shot blocked from 6 yards. As the Australians grew into the game they created a number of well worked opportunities, with the best opportunity falling to their number 7 who was unlucky to be denied by the post in the 41st minute. 3 minutes later Australia were denied again by a fantastic point blank save by Robbie Scott, bringing an end to first half. 

During the second half the game was turned on its head as Australia dominated the majority of the ball, with ISFA creating chances through counter attacks. The Australians made their possession of the ball count with their number 9 scoring in the 60th minute with a left foot finish into the top right hand corner. 3 minutes after the Australians goal, Ben Clark (Oswestry) won the ball in the centre of the park, Callum Holland found Doku Emmanuele (Brooke House) who advanced into the box and narrowly placed his shot the wrong side of the post. In the 67th minute Australia where awarded an indirect free-kick just inside the 18-yard box. The free-kick resulted in Australia scoring a second goal through their number 7, bringing the game back on level terms. However, in the 78th minute ISFA won a free-kick on the left hand side, 35 yards from goal. A wicked in-swinging delivery from Callum Holland forced the Australian number 14 into an attempted clearance that unfortunately ended up in the back of his own net, giving ISFA a 3-2 lead with 12 minutes to play. Australia had a great chance to equalise with 5 minutes left play, but a wonderful save by sub goal keeper Eddie Allan (Ardingly) maintained ISFA’s advantage with the game finishing 3-2 to the hosts. We wish Australia School the best of luck for the remainder of their tour and look forward to welcoming them in 2020. 

Thursday 13th December
(St. George's Park)

Both ISFA and ECFA teams started the game brightly with tactical intent. While two sets of players contested strongly to impose their technical qualities and skill, and gain the initial advantage. ECFA created some early corner pressure, but ISFA defended the set piece well and hunted for the counter attacking opportunity. ECFA pounced quickly onto a loose pass and converted from close range midway through the first half to take a 1-0 lead. An immediate attacking response from ISFA, saw Callum Holland (Epsom College) equalise, with a calm finish into the bottom right corner from 12 yards out. Several changes were made at half time and both teams pushed for the win. ISFA’s Ben Le Rougetel (Millfield) fine shot was brilliantly tipped around the post by the superb ECFA’s goalkeeper. ISFA again went close to wrapping the up the win, when Ada Okorogheye (Royal Russell) headed onto the crossbar from Alessandro Nanni’s (Ardingly) pinpoint cross. Towards the end, both teams displayed enough energy to win the game, but time and the light brought this quality game to an 1-1 ending. The draw saw ISFA retain the Schools shield for another year. St George's Park has again shown some promising signs for the coming year.

Wednesday 12th December
(St George's Park)

ISFA started poorly and struggled to deal with the Welsh pressure.  Wales forced two defensive errors in the first 12 minutes of the game and found themselves 2-0 up after some clinical finishing.  ISFA finally found their feet and started to gain supremacy in terms of possession and territory. 16 minutes on the clock and Josh Teeluck (Royal Russell) delivered for Matt Bowman (Repton) to finish at the back post.  The equaliser came just after half an hour as Callum Holland (Epsom College) broke from his own half to release Ada Okorogheye (Royal Russell) to finish after some fine individual dribbling skills in the opposition box.  ISFA continued to create chances and the Welsh keeper made some impressive saves throughout the second half.  An intelligent short corner routine saw Holland find George Maxwell (Hampton) to calmly finish to take a deserved lead.  ISFA continued to dominate possession but Wales were always looking dangerous on the counter, particularly through their number 9.  ISFA were to rue their missed chances though as Wales punished another ISFA error to equaliser in the last few minutes of the game.


Read 7162 times
Tagged under